How to become a member of BAJS
Membership is open to anyone interested in an academic approach to Jewish studies. Members of BIAJS work in a wide range of academic disciplines including history, religious studies, theology, literature, linguistics and sociology. Membership of BIAJS offers the opportunity to take part in the conferences, receive the bulletin and other mailings throughout the year, and a number of other benefits (see http://biajs.co.uk/about/members-benefits).
There are three categories of membership:
- Ordinary Members Ordinary membership is open to scholars concerned with the academic pursuit of Jewish Studies. Ordinary members are entitled to vote at meetings of the Association and eligible for membership of the Committee and for Office.
- Student Members Student membership is open to graduate students working for a higher degree in the field of Jewish Studies.
- Associate Members Associate membership is open to (a) those outside the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland who have a serious academic interest in Jewish Studies, and (b) those within the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland with a serious academic interest in Jewish Studies who are not professionally involved in the subject. Associate members will not have voting rights but are welcome to attend the Association’s conferences.
Election to Membership If you would like to apply for membership, please contact the Membership Secretary, Dr Hannah Ewence (firstname.lastname@example.org) by email. Your application will be considered by at least two Committee members. Once your membership has been officially confirmed, the Membership Secretary will contact you to arrange the payment of your subscription. Membership shall commence upon payment of the subscription.
Members who prefer to pay by cheque should make their payment out to ‘The British and Irish Association for Jewish Studies’ and send it to:
Dr Vanessa Paloma Elbaz
Faculty of Music
Cambridge CB3 9DP
- Ordinary Members – £40.00
- Student/Retired Members – £15.00
- Associate Members – £25.00
Members who pay by standing order are kindly requested to instruct their bank of any revised rates. Standing order forms are available from the treasurer, and should be sent directly to your bank.
You may also pay via PayPal: